Welcome to my Blog

Hello and Welcome to my Blog I am so glad you found me. Here you will find a mixture of cards made from digital sheets purchased from the Craftsuprint website, cards made from rubber stamps and other bits and pieces. I got into cardmaking a few years ago by going to a class, then I got the bug. The thing I really like about crafting is that you are constantly learning so you never get bored. Please feel free to follow my Blog and you are most welcome to leave a comment.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Anniversary Love

Hello Everyone I have another card to share with you today it is an anniversary card I made for a special couple. I started with a 8"x8" white scalloped edged card blank and I embossed a sheet of A4/C4 centura pearl cardstock in cadbury purple card using Sue Wilson's CheckBoard Pinpoint Embossing Folder, trimmed and attached it to the card base. 


Next using silver holographic thin card I used Tonic Studios Venetian Layering die-set in two sizes to add the detail to the silver card. I used the largest outside edge die to cut out a white frame so the white shows through the detail. I cut out the  typed greeting  in a heart shape from the Tonic Studios Heart Vine Base Affections set, then I cut out a larger heart in silver then used the detail die to create a frame and cut out the centre so the greeting can show through. I cut the heart out in cadbury purple centura card and cut out the centre and added attached it to the frame this created a base for the double layer sticky pads to raise the heart so the greeting is recessed.  



You can see by this closer image that the greeting is recessed. Then I finished with a bow and gems to finish off the card. I cut the 'Love' sentiment from Tonic Studios Believe/Love frames topper die-set once in silver and once in purple then used the purple on top of the silver slightly off-set to create a shadow.  


My friends really loved their card, all for now until my next post - have a great day