Welcome to my Blog

Hello and Welcome to my Blog I am so glad you found me. Here you will find a mixture of cards made from digital sheets purchased from the Craftsuprint website, cards made from rubber stamps and other bits and pieces. I got into cardmaking a few years ago by going to a class, then I got the bug. The thing I really like about crafting is that you are constantly learning so you never get bored. Please feel free to follow my Blog and you are most welcome to leave a comment.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 18, 2014

Art Deco Lovers

I thought I would share this card with you, it is for a wedding. I started off by using a white 7" x 10" scalloped edged card blank. To create the background I inked up a swirly roller with clear versamark ink and random stamped the card all over re-inking the roller when necessary. I sprinkled silver tinsel embossing powder over the stamped image then I heat embossed the background until the powder melted. I tied a purple toning ribbon around the card and used a pearl embellishment and a heart to finish off the bow. 

For the next step I printed off the image of the Art Deco Lovers onto glossy photo paper and cut out and matted onto silver encapsulated glitter card then onto the same glitter card in purple. Using sticky foam pads I adhered the image onto the card blank being careful to leave enough room for a greeting. I printed out the sheet several times and cut out and shaped the couple and assembled onto the card. To finish the card I added glitter highlights to the dress and attached a greeting. The designer of the sheet I used is Susan Donaghie you can see more of her work here.